Businesses that sell alcohol need to have a licence. Hotels, bars and taverns, where the main purpose is the sale and supply of alcohol, are required to have a hotel liquor licence. Registered clubs that sell alcohol to members and guests need to have a club liquor licence.

You can search and check the conditions of these licences online.

What you need

  • licensee name
  • licence number.

You can also add additional search criteria, such as:

  • trading name
  • licence name.

How to check

  1. Select the 'Check online' button.
  2. Enter the licence information into the search bar.
  3. Select the search button.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Liquor and Gaming NSW.

Last updated: 2 February 2024