Businesses that sell alcohol need to have a licence. Bars that serve alcohol to less than 100 patrons, for consumption on the premises, need to have a small bar licence. You can search online and look up a small bar liquor licence by name or number, as well as check for any licence conditions.

What you need

  • licensee name
  • licence number
  • trading name, or
  • licence name.

How to check

  1. Select the 'Check online' button.
  2. Enter the licence information into search criteria.
  3. Select the search button.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Liquor & Gaming NSW.

Last updated: 2 February 2024