Text size

If a property is located in an area where coalmining has occurred, it may be affected by mine subsidence. Mine Subsidence Districts are declared in areas where there are potential risks from active or non-active underground coalmining. 

You can find out if a property is in a Mine Subsidence District, and which development guidelines are assigned to the property, by using the NSW Planning Portal’s ePlanning Spatial Viewer.

You can also check online maps, which show only the general boundaries of a Mine Subsidence District, not individual property details.

Note: If you have a subsidence emergency at your property or you’ve found a subsidence hole, report it to the Subsidence Advisory NSW 24-hour hotline on 1800 248 083. If there is an immediate threat to life or property, call Triple Zero (000).

Last updated: 4 August 2022
You'll be taken to another website.