Both P1 provisional licence holders and P2 provisional licence holders are banned from driving high performance vehicles that have:
- a power to tare mass ratio of greater than 130kW per tonne
- modified engines that need to be approved by an engineer
- other vehicles classified as high performance.
If you're a P1 or P2 provisional licence holder and want to check if you're allowed to drive a certain vehicle, you can do this online.
What you need
You can use any combination of the following vehicle details to search:
- badge, or
- year of manufacture.
How to check
- Check the box to confirm you've read and agree to the disclaimer and notice.
- Select the 'P1/P2 vehicle search' button.
- Enter the vehicle details using the drop-down fields.
- Select the 'Search' button.