Training courses for traffic controllers and traffic management now follow a nationally recognised competency based framework. The benefits include:
- quality training and assessment from approved training providers
- a lead to recognition across all states and territories
- flexible training and assessment options
- an easier re-certification process
- tailored training and assessments.
All training organisations that provide traffic control training must be approved and registered, and they can tailor their training and assessments to suit their customers' needs.
The courses available are:
- traffic controller
- implement traffic control plans
- prepare a work zone traffic management plan.
If you'd like to check out an overview of the courses, and view a list of the approved training providers, visit Transport for NSW.