If you do traffic control work on or adjacent to a public road, you need to have a SafeWork NSW traffic control work training (TCWT) card.

If your TCWT card has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, or you need to convert your RMS card, you can order and pay for a replacement online as long as your details match those on your card. If your contact details have changed, you’ll need to complete the Update contact details form before you replace your card online.

The replacement card will be sent to your postal address.

Note: Traffic control cards are no longer issued by Transport for NSW (previously known as Roads and Maritime Services, or RMS). TCWT cards are now issued by SafeWork NSW.


You must have already been issued a traffic control work card.

Note: You cannot replace your card online if you did not receive your card or it contains a printing error. Instead, complete the Application to Replace a Traffic Control Training Licence – PDF

What you need

You need a credit or debit card to pay the replacement fee.

How to replace

  1. Select the ‘Replace online’ button.
  2. Follow the prompts to apply for a replacement card.

More information

Visit Verify.licence to look up and verify a NSW licence or registration. 

Last updated: 24 January 2024