If you have loose-fill asbestos insulation in your home, you may be eligible for assistance through the NSW Government's Loose-fill Asbestos Program. 

You should arrange private sample testing by a licensed asbestos assessor if you suspect your home has loose-fill asbestos insulation. In the meantime, avoid entering the ceiling space or drilling into walls.

If the testing shows that the home contains loose-fill asbestos insulation, you may be given the option to have your property demolished and remediated.

Visit the NSW Fair Trading website to learn more about loose-fill asbestos insulation and the program. 

Last updated: 16 February 2024

Rate the information on the page