The Victims Support Scheme helps people who have suffered an injury as a result of a violent crime committed in NSW.
Support is available for:
- the victim themselves
- secondary victims such as those who witnessed the crime
- the immediate family of a homicide victim.
Depending on your situation, the scheme may help you with:
- financial assistance for immediate needs
- financial assistance for economic loss
- a recognition payment.
Note: Victims of modern slavery are also able to apply for support.
If you'd like more information on the scheme, the eligibility criteria for the varied support available, and how to make your application, visit Victims Services, or call one of the following numbers during business hours:
- Victims Access Line – 1800 633 063
- Aboriginal Contact Line – 1800 019 123.
Last updated: 27 July 2022