If you’re a tourism, hospitality or recreation business in NSW with an annual turnover over $250 million and up to $1 billion, and you've been impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions, you may be eligible for the 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver payment.
JobSaver will provide cash flow support to impacted businesses to help maintain their NSW employee headcount from the day immediately prior to the month they first experienced the required decline in turnover.
You'll need to nominate the month in which your business first experienced the required decline in turnover on or after 26 June 2021. Once approved, fortnightly payments will be backdated to the start of the month in which your business first experienced the required decline in turnover on or after the commencement of JobSaver on 18 July 2021.
Note: Following the extension of the JobSaver program, you'll need to reconfirm your eligibility each fortnight to continue receiving your payments. This means you will need to confirm that you experienced a turnover decline of 30% or more in the past fortnight due to the impact of the public health order, and that you are maintaining your employee headcount. You must notify Service NSW if your headcount has declined over the payment period.
Payments will be equivalent to 40% of the weekly payroll cost incurred prior to the start of COVID-19 restrictions on 26 June 2021, with a maximum weekly payment per group of:
- $300,000 for eligible businesses with an aggregated annual turnover more than $250 million and up to $500 million
- $500,000 for eligible businesses with an aggregated annual turnover more than $500 million and up to $1 billion.
To be eligible, your business should:
- be a tourism, hospitality or recreation business – see Attachment D of the JobSaver payment guidelines for the full list of eligible industries
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have been operating in NSW on 1 June 2021
- have an aggregated annual turnover of more than $250 million and up to $1 billion
- maintain your employee headcount from the day immediately prior to the month you first experienced the required decline in turnover while you continue to receive JobSaver payments.
You must also demonstrate that you experienced a decline in turnover due to the public health order of:
- 50% for businesses with aggregated annual turnover of more than $250 million and up to $500 million
- 70% for businesses with aggregated annual turnover of more than $500 million and up to $1 billion.
Eligible businesses can demonstrate the relevant decline in turnover over a minimum one-month period from 26 June 2021, compared to the same period in 2019 or another agreed period.
See the supporting documents you'll need to provide as part of your application.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application
- your proof of identity
- your valid ABN/ACN number
- your business banking details for payment
- evidence of your annual turnover and loss of income
- Australian income tax return
- qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent details, where required.
Proof of identity
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Have your documentation and evidence ready for uploading.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
Note: You can save and resume your application, but if you have not submitted it within 7 days, any details you've entered will be deleted.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select and verify your identity documents.
- When your identity is verified, select ‘Continue’.
- Confirm your personal details.
- Enter your business details and answer the eligibility questions, then select ‘Next’.
- Provide information about your decline in turnover and upload your supporting documentation, then select ‘Next’.
- Enter your bank details, then select ‘Next’.
- Review your application.
- Check the declaration boxes.
- Select ‘Submit’ to complete your application.
When you submit your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your application reference number. If you do not receive this email after completing your application, please check your junk mail folder.
After your application is received, it will be reviewed by Service NSW. We’ll contact you if we need additional information to support your application. If your application is approved, we’ll transfer funds to your specified bank account within 5 to 7 business days from the approval date.
If you’re not able to complete your application online, please call us on 13 77 88.
- Each ABN can apply for JobSaver only once.
- Separate businesses under one ABN will not be eligible separately.
- The relevant COVID-19 restrictions are:
- Public Health (COVID-19 Temporary Movement and Gathering Restrictions) Order 2021 issued on 26 June 2021
- stay-at-home order issued on 25 June 2021
- stay-at-home order issued on 27 May 2021.
- Employees can receive Commonwealth COVID-19 Disaster Payments if their employer is receiving JobSaver.