If you tow a caravan, boat or horse float more than 12.5m long and 2.8m high you will soon be able to apply for a toll rebate.
The rebate applies to most of Sydney’s toll roads as well as the upcoming NorthConnex and WestConnex M5 East/M8. It does not apply to the Sydney Harbour Bridge or Tunnel.
To be eligible for the rebate, you must:
- be a NSW resident
- have both the car and towed recreational vehicle registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use
- register with your toll tag provider for the recreational vehicle rebate
- have travelled on a NSW toll road with a car, caravan, boat, or horse float combination detected as a Class B vehicle, and had a Class B toll charged to your toll account
- have paid Class B tolls with your NSW issued electronic tag
- have paid the toll in full
- claim your rebate within 12 months of receiving your toll statement.
For more information and to subscribe for updates on when claims can be made, visit Transport for NSW.