Pyrotechnician licence holders need to notify SafeWork NSW at least 7 working days before using fireworks, distress signals (excluding in genuine distress situations) or model rocket propellant devices.

You can lodge your notification online.

Note: You're also required to notify other relevant authorities.


  • you must hold a pyrotechnician licence.

Single use licence holders are not eligible.

What you need

  • your licence number and details
  • details of the organisation managing the event (including ABN/ACN)
  • details of the supplier (including ABN/ACN)
  • details of the display
  • reason for the display
  • types of fireworks
  • notification of any relevant authorities
  • confirmation that a risk assessment will be undertaken prior to the event
  • a current credit card
  • your payment.

How to lodge

  1. Select the 'Lodge online' button.
  2. Select 'Start'.
  3. Log in or create an account.
  4. Follow the prompts to complete your notification.
  5. Upload your supporting documentation (if applicable).
  6. Read and confirm the declaration.

More information

  • SafeWork NSW may suspend or cancel your licence, or impose penalties for non-compliance.
Last updated: 22 May 2024

Rate the information on the page