Pyrotechnician licence holders need to notify SafeWork NSW at least 7 working days before using fireworks, distress signals (excluding in genuine distress situations) or model rocket propellant devices.
You can lodge your notification online.
Note: You're also required to notify other relevant authorities.
- you must hold a pyrotechnician licence.
Single use licence holders are not eligible.
What you need
- your licence number and details
- details of the organisation managing the event (including ABN/ACN)
- details of the supplier (including ABN/ACN)
- details of the display
- reason for the display
- types of fireworks
- notification of any relevant authorities
- confirmation that a risk assessment will be undertaken prior to the event
- a current credit card
- your payment.
How to lodge
- Select the 'Lodge online' button.
- Select 'Start'.
- Log in or create an account.
- Follow the prompts to complete your notification.
- Upload your supporting documentation (if applicable).
- Read and confirm the declaration.
- SafeWork NSW may suspend or cancel your licence, or impose penalties for non-compliance.