Text size


If you wish to make an enquiry about the will of a deceased person for family tree research, or for personal reasons, you can do this through the NSW Trustee & Guardian. They are NSW's largest will maker and their extensive database can be searched to confirm if they hold the will of a deceased person.

What you need

  • the deceased's name, address and date of birth
  • the deceased's date of death and death certificate
  • your name, phone number and email address
  • your relationship to the deceased. 

How to enquire

  1. Select the 'Check online' button.
  2. Complete the online form.
  3. Submit.

More information

The Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages is no longer available for registration or searching.

Last updated: 16 November 2020
You'll be taken to another website.