The Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) provides a free, fair and independent dispute resolution service for all electricity and gas (and some water) customers in NSW. 

EWON can also give you advice and guidance if you are having difficulty paying your energy or water bills.

To make a complaint about your energy or water provider:

  • contact your provider to tell them about your problem, ask if they can help and what they intend to do
  • make a note of the name of person you speak to, the date and time of the call, and what you talked about
  • if the call centre staff can’t help you, ask to speak to a senior staff member
  • if the matter is complicated and not urgent, it may be better to send an email or letter to the person who is dealing with your complaint.

Keep copies of any letters or emails you send the provider about your complaint.

Contact EWON when:

  • you've spoken to your provider but they've been unable to resolve the problem
  • you're not satisfied with their response.

Visit EWON online, or alternatively, you can call 1800 246 545.

Last updated: 28 November 2023