If you're intending to carry out asbestos removal, you must notify SafeWork NSW 5 working days prior to starting the work.
You can lodge your notification online.
What you need
- your licence and business details including ABN
- your supervisor/s personal and contact details
- details of the clearance inspector
- the asbestos assessor licence number (if applicable)
- details of the site owner/controller for whom the removal work is being done
- details of the work site and the type of work being undertaken.
How to notify
- Select the 'Notify online' button.
- Log in or create your account.
- Complete the required fields.
- class A asbestos removal work requires a licensed assessor to undertake the clearance inspection and issue the clearance certificate
- class B asbestos removal work only requires a competent person to undertake the clearance inspection and issue the clearance certificate
- where asbestos must be removed immediately, telephone SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50
- immediate removal of asbestos may be commenced if:
- there's a sudden and unexpected event, including a failure of equipment, that may cause people to be exposed to respirable asbestos fibres, or
- an unexpected breakdown that requires immediate rectification to enable the work to continue.
Last updated: 6 November 2019