If the rear number plate of your vehicle is obscured by a bike rack or mobility device rack, you'll need to fit an auxiliary number plate. This is a smaller copy of the vehicle number plate and allows the plate number to be seen clearly.
You can order an auxiliary number plate online, through myPlates.
What you'll need
- your name and email address
- NSW plate number
- driver licence number
- your postcode
- your payment.
How to order
- Select the 'Order online' button.
- Select from the drop down menu, and enter your details.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select 'Continue'.
- Input your postcode to get your nearest plate collection point.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit your order.
If you're unable to order online, call 13 77 88 or:
- Download and complete Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration – PDF.
- Lodge it by mail, or in person at a service centre.
Things to keep in mind...
- Your plates will be delivered in approximately 21 days, and you'll receive an email telling you what documentation you'll need to provide.
- Prestige Plates take up to 6 weeks.