If you'd like to be able to use Sydney toll roads for a duration of no more than 30 days, you can order a casual eMU Pass online. This pass isn't physically attached to the vehicle, but is linked to the licence plate number, so you can use it for your own car/motorbike or a rental vehicle. When passing through a toll, your number plate is photographed and your account charged.Order online
Order an eMU Pass
- Select the 'Order online' button.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- the length of time you'd like the pass for
- the number plate (without spaces or special characters)
- vehicle details
- your personal details
- your payment details.
- Choose how you'd like the receipt delivered.
- Select 'Submit'.
If you don't wish to order your pass online, you can call us on 13 77 88, or visit a service centre.Order online
- The eMU Pass allows you to travel on the following Sydney toll roads for up to 30 days. You can backdate your travel start date to cover your previous three days of travel on toll roads:
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Harbour Tunnel
- Lane Cove Tunnel
- Military Road E-Ramp
- M1 Eastern Distributor
- M2 Hills Motorway
- Cross City Tunnel
- M5 South West Motorway
- Westlink M7.
- If you bought your eMU Pass from a petrol station or retail outlet, you'll need to register it before it can be used.
- Payments for tolls may not be charged to the credit card the same day as travel.
- Your credit card or Visa/MasterCard debit card must be valid for a minimum of 3 months.
- Call 13 18 65 if you'd like to:
- extend the duration of your eMU Pass (providing it's still active and the total duration won't exceed 30 days)
- update any details registered on the Pass
- cancel the Pass.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.Order online
For online transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).
For phone transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.