You can order special number plates for someone else as a gift. There are a variety of plates you can order, with options such as background colour, letters, numbers and style of plate.
Restyled plates – give the current content of the plates a new appearance.
Personalised plates – you can choose new letters and numbers on a set format.
Custom plates – create your own content on an open format.
What you need
- recipient's name
- recipient's driver licence number, number plate details, or customer number if a business
- proposed content of the number plates (if applicable)
- style of special number plates (SNPs) you want to order – options can be found on the myPlates website
- postcode of the suburb where you'd like to collect the plates
- your payment.
How to order
- Personalised or custom plates incur an annual fee.
- Restyling a standard issue plate does not incur an annual fee.
- If the recipient does not currently pay an annual fee, restyling their plate will not incur an annual fee.
- You need to order the SNPs in the name of the person they’re intended for, so make sure the person receiving the gift plates doesn't object to you providing their details.
- You can nominate yourself to receive notification that the new plates are ready for collection.
- The gift recipient will need to collect the new plates from the nominated service centre, unless they provide a letter authorising you to collect the plates on their behalf.
- The old plates need to be handed in when picking up the new plates.
- The plates are delivered to the nominated service centre about 21 days from the date of purchase.
- If you have not received a letter within 28 days of placing your order, please call myPlates on 02 9433 1600.