You can order special number plates (SNPs) for someone else as a gift. There are a variety of SNPs you can order, with options such as background colour, letters, numbers and style of plate.
Restyled plates – give the current content of the plates a new appearance.
Personalised plates – you can choose new letters and numbers on a set format.
Custom plates – create your own content on an open format.
What you'll need
- recipient's name
- recipient's driver licence number, number plate details, or customer number
- proposed content of the number plates (if applicable)
- style of SNPs you want to order – options can be found on the myPlates website
- post code of the suburb where you'd like to collect the plates.
How to order
Things to keep in mind...
- You need to order the SNPs in the name of the person they’re intended for, so make sure the person receiving the gift plates doesn't object to your providing their details.
- You can nominate yourself to receive notification that the new plates are ready for collection.
- The gift recipient will need to collect the new plates from the nominated service centre, unless they provide a letter authorising you to collect the plates on their behalf.
- The old plates need to be handed in when picking up the new plates.
- The plates are delivered to the nominated service centre about 21 days from the date of purchase. Prestige plates take up to 6 weeks.
- If you haven't received a letter within 28 days of placing your order, please call myPlates on 13 17 58.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.