The NSW Grain Harvest Management Scheme (GHMS), from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2021, allows eligible heavy vehicles to exceed the regulated total mass limits by up to 5%, when making deliveries of some cereals, oilseeds and pulses.
The scheme applies to deliveries from the farm to participating grain receivers in participating NSW council areas.
You can check the GHMS interactive map to find:
- participating councils and the conditions of access
- participating grain receiver sites
- approved and excluded areas/routes, and
- NSW state roads.
To operate a heavy vehicle under the NSW GHMS, you don’t need to enrol or pay an application fee. Participating drivers must:
- carry a copy of the New South Wales Class 3 GHMS Mass Exemption (Notice) 2014
- comply with the scheme’s mass limits and operating conditions.
To find out more about the NSW GHMS, including heavy vehicle eligibility, and scheme mass limits and conditions, visit Roads and Maritime Services.