The NSW Grain Harvest Management Scheme (GHMS) promotes the safe and productive movement of grain.
Under the scheme, heavy vehicles may exceed the regulated total mass limits by up to 5%, when delivering some cereals, oilseeds and pulses. This applies from the farm to participating grain receivers in participating NSW council areas.
To operate a heavy vehicle under the NSW GHMS, you don’t need to enrol or pay an application fee. Participating drivers must:
- operate an eligible vehicle
- carry a copy of the New South Wales Class 3 GHMS Mass Exemption (Notice) 2016
- comply with the scheme’s mass limits and operating conditions.
You can check the GHMS interactive map to find:
- participating councils and the conditions of access
- participating grain receiver sites
- approved and excluded areas/routes
- NSW state roads.