COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you store, handle or process hazardous chemicals that exceed the quantities (manifest levels) specified in the work health and safety legislation, you must notify SafeWork NSW. You'll also need to lodge an emergency plan with Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW).

You can notify SafeWork NSW, and lodge your emergency plan, online.

What you need

  • contact person's address and details.
  • business address and details
  • a list of the storage areas for each Schedule 11 chemical
  • completed Notification of Schedule 11 Hazardous Chemicals form
  • completed emergency plan.

How to notify and lodge

  1. Select the 'Notify online' button.
  2. Complete and submit the online form with your payment.
  3. Select the 'Lodge online' button.
  4. Complete and submit the online form with your emergency plan.

More information

  • FRNSW will acknowledge the receipt of your emergency plan within 3 weeks, and may review it and make recommendations within 90 days
  • emergency plans are prioritised for review by FRNSW based on the quantity and nature of the hazardous chemicals and/or explosive substances stored/processed on site
  • any recommendations/changes FRNSW make to your emergency plan must be implemented, and the revised plan lodged with FRNSW
  • a copy of your emergency plan must be provided on site in accordance with the Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011
  • from 31 December 2016, if you manufacture, import or use chemicals, you'll need to comply with the Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS)
You'll be taken to another website.