If you want to donate your organs and tissues for transplant after death, you can register your decision with the Australian Organ Donor Register online. You can also check if you’re already registered as a donor.
The national register is where you record your donation decision, and which organs and tissues you wish to donate.
You must be aged 16 years or older to register as an organ and tissue donor.
What you need
- your personal details
- your Medicare card number.
How to register
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Register online’ button.
- Complete the registration form.
You can also register your donation decision:
- through your myGov account
- via the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- by completing Australian Organ Donor Register – PDF and following the instructions on the form.
Donating is voluntary, but family consent is always needed before donation can go ahead, so remember to discuss your decision with family and close friends.
Last updated: 8 November 2022