If you want to donate your organs and tissues for transplant after death, you can register your decision online with the Australian Organ Donor Register online.
You can also check if you’re already registered as a donor.
Donating can make a real difference:
- There are around 1,800 people on Australian transplant waiting lists at any one time.
- One organ donor can save the lives of as many as 7 people and many more can be helped through tissue and eye donation.
Find out more about organ and tissue donation.
To register as an organ and tissue donor you must:
- be aged 16 or over
- have a Medicare card.
What you need
- your personal details
- your Medicare card number.
How to register
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Register online’ button.
- Complete the registration form.
You can also register your donation decision:
- Regardless of your medical history or your lifestyle, you can still register as an organ and tissue donor.
- Your family will need to provide consent before donation can go ahead, so remember to discuss your decision with family and close friends.
- In NSW, you can no longer register to be an organ donor via your driver’s licence. Check using your Medicare card number at donatelife.gov.au.