From 1 July 2023, the First Lap voucher program provides a $50 voucher towards the cost of swimming lessons for children aged 3 to 6 years who are not enrolled in school.
If you're approved as a First Lap provider, you can accept and redeem vouchers through the Service NSW Business Bureau app.
Note: If you are already registered as First Lap provider, you do not need to re-register to accept the new $50 vouchers from 1 July 2023.
To register as a First Lap provider, you must:
- be located in NSW
- have a current Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- not have any outstanding enforcement orders recorded by the Office of Fair Trading or ASIC
- provide in-person weekly or intensive learn to swim programs over a minimum of 5 sessions
- ensure all swim instructors involved in the program hold a current Royal Life Saving Society NSW, AUSTSWIM or Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association (ASCTA) licence
- ensure all staff and/or volunteers involved in the program have a current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- hold current Certificates of Currency for professional indemnity and public liability insurance policies appropriate to the type and level of activities being delivered
- ensure that programs are delivered in a safe and suitable swimming environment as defined in the terms and conditions. The environment:
- is not a moving body of water
- does not have underwater hazards
- does not have low visibility
A swimming pool is an example of a safe and suitable swimming environment.
Ineligible voucher activities
First Lap providers cannot redeem vouchers for:
- memberships that aren't part of a structured swimming program
- casual visit passes
- any sessions not delivered in a safe and suitable swimming facility
- travel to and from sessions
- virtual or online programs
- individual items, such as swimming costumes or flippers, usually purchased separate to registration fees.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your registration
- 2 personal identity documents such as an Australian driver licence, Medicare card or Australian passport
- your business details – ABN or ACN, name, address and phone number
Note: Your identity document name details must match the name details held with the Australian Business Register for your ABN – if these details do not match, a Letter of Authority must be provided.
- insurance details including name of insurer, policy number, expiry date and Certificate of Currency
- 2 evidence of business documents, such as a utility bill, bank statement, tax file record or Business Activity Statement (BAS)
- full name, date of birth, swimming accreditation information (provider and number) and WWCC number for all staff and/or volunteers who will work with children in the First Lap program
- swimming program details including lesson plans, program fees and activity location
- business bank account details for the account that will take reimbursements.
To participate in the First Lap voucher program you'll also need a phone or tablet to scan and accept vouchers using the Service NSW Business Bureau app. Service NSW will provide app details to businesses accepted into the program.
How to register
- Select the 'Register online' button
- Log in or create your MyServiceNSW Account
- Follow the prompts to register for the program
- If more information is required to support your registration, you'll be notified.
When you submit your registration, you’ll receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail folder.
The Office of Sport will email you with the outcome of your registration.
- If you have more than one business, you'll need to register each one in a separate application.
- If your business has more than one location under the same ABN, you can add multiple activity locations during registration.
- We'll provide successful businesses with full details on how to take part and promote the program.
- You can keep track of voucher payments to your business in your Service NSW Business Profile. The person who registered on behalf of your business will also be able to add other nominated contacts to a group. They will receive a list of transactions weekly.