Women in Business is a NSW Government and TAFE NSW initiative for women looking to start or grow a micro or small business.
The program is offered online through TAFE Digital and is fully subsidised for eligible applicants. You can select topics to suit your specific needs, and new topics covering the latest trends in Australian business are regularly added.
You're also able to access a Service NSW Business Concierge. They can help you understand government requirements such as the licences, permits and approvals needed to start and operate a business.
Women aged 18 or over who:
- live or work in NSW
- are Australian citizens or permanent residents, humanitarian visa holders or New Zealand citizens
- are establishing, or currently own a business:
- registered or trading in NSW
- with a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- with 0-199 employees.
What you need
- your ABN
- your personal details.
How to register
- Select the 'Register online' button.
- Enter your details and follow the prompts to register.
- The Women in Business program is fully subsidised by the NSW Government. Provided you meet the eligibility criteria, you won’t pay anything to access the program.
- There may be fees associated with some optional events promoted through the Women in Business program. All costs will be outlined in the overview of each event.
- Some topics in the program include:
- finding out if you’re business ready
- setting up your home office
- setting up your business online
- creating a business plan
- cash flow - knowing your numbers
- keeping your business cyber safe
- leveraging social media
- grants and support programs.
Last updated: 7 November 2022