If you're the director or public officer of a body corporate currently holding design practitioner or building practitioner registration(s), you'll receive a renewal notice when the registration is nearing its expiry date. You are then able to renew your registration online.
Note: You'll need to update your details with NSW Fair Trading prior to renewing the registration If the body corporate has had a change of:
- name, or
If you need to update your ACN you're required to lodge a new application.
To be eligible to renew, you need to:
- be aged 18 or over
- meet the criteria for design practitioner body corporate or building practitioner body corporate
- have met insurance requirements.
What you need
- your registration number
- your renewal number (as shown on your renewal notice)
- the body corporate’s details
- your contact details
- a current credit card for payment.
How to renew
- Gather the required documents..
- Select the ‘Renew online’ button.
- Log in to your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to renew your registration.
To renew a Design and Building Practitioner registration with NSW Fair Trading, you’ll need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account.
By logging in you consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with NSW Fair Trading, a division of the Department of Customer Service.
The Professional engineer and design and building practitioners – Privacy Statements explains how your personal information will be handled once it is shared by Service NSW.
- If you don't renew on time you'll have to make an application to restore your registration.
- If your registration has expired more than 3 months, you'll need to apply for a new registration to be issued.
- You cannot work if your registration is expired.