You can renew your transport concession entitlement card for concession fares on public transport in NSW, provided you still meet the eligibility criteria. You can renew your card online up to 30 days before it expires.  


You must be residing permanently in NSW, and:

  • receiving aid from a recognised asylum seeker support agency and applying for a bridging visa as an asylum seeker, or
  • currently holding a bridging visa as an asylum seeker, or appealing a determination of status as an asylum seeker.

What you need

  • your personal details
  • your Concession ID number (this is the number on the back of your card)
  • your completed certification form.

How to renew

  1. Select the 'Renew online' button. 
  2. Select the entitlement type and enter your Concession ID Number. 
  3. Enter your personal details exactly as they're recorded with your designated agency.
  4. Select 'Find'.
  5. Upload your certification form.
  6. Complete the online application.

More information

  • It's free to renew a transport concession entitlement card.
  • You must carry your transport concession entitlement card (proof of entitlement) when travelling with a concession ticket or a concession Opal card, or you may be fined.
  • If your card expires before you receive your new card, you'll need to pay a full adult fare until the new card arrives.
Last updated: 28 November 2023

Rate the information on the page