Back to top

A private mooring licence permits you to moor your vessel on navigable waters. A mooring licence isn't a lease of the seabed and there's no guarantee of tenure. The position of the site is decided at the discretion of Roads and Maritime Services. However, it's the responsibility of a mooring contractor to ensure that the mooring and its location are suitable for each vessel.

Renew online
  • your licence number (as shown on your renewal)
  • your renewal number (as shown on your renewal)
  • your customer reference number (as shown on your renewal)
  • concession card (if recording a concession for the first time).
Renew online
  1. Select the 'Renew online' button.
  2. Select 'Next'.
  3. Enter your licence and renewal numbers as shown on your renewal notice. (If you don't have your renewal number, select 'Don't have?' and enter your name, birth date and postcode.)
  4. Select 'Next'.
  5. Confirm the details of your licence.
  6. Enter your payment details.
  7. Read and confirm the declaration.
Renew online

A private mooring licence is only allocated when:

  • the vessel licensed to the mooring is 5.2 metres or more in length
  • the vessel is currently registered in NSW in the name of the applicant, and
  • the applicant is the sole owner or at least equal or majority shareholder of the vessel.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.

Renew online
  • A private mooring licence is subject to special conditions – PDF. Non-compliance with these conditions may result in the cancellation of the licence and/or your liability insurance may be null and void.
  • A licence can't be sublet or traded in any way.
  • The licence can be renewed annually.
  • When renewing your licence online, you're also able to update your contact details, if applicable.
  • If you don't wish to renew online, you can call us on 13 77 88, post your renewal, or visit a service centre.
Renew online

Payment methods

For online transactions:

  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).

For phone transactions:

  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).

For transactions in person at a service centre:

  • cash (in Australian currency)
  • cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
  • money order
  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
  • Android Pay app.

Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.

* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre

Source url: