Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If your bus driver authority card is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, you can apply for a replacement online. 

You'll also need to apply for a replacement if you have moved interstate or have moved from interstate to NSW.

There is no fee for replacing your driver authority.


You can apply for a replacement authority if you currently hold a bus driver authority.

What you need

  • a valid email address
  • a copy of your current Australian driver licence (scanned as a PDF)
  • a copy of a proof of identity document (if you hold an interstate driver licence)
  • if you don't hold a valid NSW driver licence and have not submitted a previous application online, you'll need a digital photo. The photo must be:
    • a recent and clear photo
    • contain only your head and neck
    • be on a pale background
    • no hat or sunglasses.
    • 246 pixel width and 246 pixel height resolution
    • JPG/JPEG/PNG/BMP/GIF format.

How to replace

  1. Select 'Replace online'
  2. Follow the prompts.
  3. Upload supporting documents.
  4. Review and submit your details.

More information

  • Your application cannot be saved to continue at a later date.
  • If your application is submitted successfully, you'll receive an email and PDF copy of your application.
You'll be taken to another website.