COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. Read about the COVID-19 assistance available for NSW residents and businesses. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. Call 13 77 88 for assistance or visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you're wanting proof of a divorce that was granted within Australia, you'll need to obtain a divorce order.

The process involved in requesting the order differs depending on where and when the divorce was granted and finalised.

To find out what procedure you need to follow, select the 'How do I prove I am divorced?' button below, and then choose the appropriate accordion.

Note: When a divorce is proven, you're provided with an official document that serves as proof that a divorce was granted and finalised. Divorce orders after February 2010 are digital orders with an electronic seal and signature.

You'll be taken to another website.