If you have an idea for a number plate, but you're not ready to register plates to a vehicle, you can 'virtually' reserve your content through myPlates, without having to get the plates manufactured.
When you're ready to have the plates registered to a vehicle, you select the style you want, pay the plate order fee and the manufacturing process will begin.
What you need
- your email address
- your driver licence number or customer number (if a business)
- the proposed number plate combination
- your payment.
How to reserve
- Select the 'Reserve online' button.
- Follow the prompts to reserve a number plate combination.
Note: Your receipt will be emailed to you.
- You can reserve the plate combination for up to one year.
- You'll receive a notification letter 21 days before the reservation period expires to remind you to renew it. If you don’t renew within this time, the plate combination will be made available for sale.
- You need to pay the annual fee for personalised and custom number plates while they’re in reserve.