If you have an idea for a number plate, but you're not ready to register plates to a vehicle, you can 'virtually' reserve your content, without having to get the plates manufactured.
When you're ready to have the plates registered to a vehicle, you select the style you want, pay the plate order fee and the manufacturing process will begin.
What you need
- email address
- driver licence number or customer number if a business
- the proposed number plate combination
- your payment.
How to reserve
- Select the 'Reserve online' button.
- Choose your vehicle type.
- Enter your proposed content to check that it's available.
- Select 'Proceed'.
- Enter the required information to verify ownership.
- Confirm your order.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit your order.
Your receipt will be emailed to you.
- You can reserve the plate combination for up to 1 year.
- You'll receive a notification letter 21 days before the reservation period expires to remind you to renew it. If you don’t renew within this time, the plate combination will be made available for sale.
- You need to pay the annual fee for personalised and custom number plates while they’re in reserve.