The Start Strong program provides funding for approved community and mobile preschools and long day care (LDC) services across NSW.
The purpose of the program is to ensure all children can have access to 600 hours of quality preschool education in the year before entering school.
Children need to be:
- at least 3 years old on or before 31 July in that preschool year if attending a community or mobile preschool
- at least 4 years old on or before 31 July in that preschool year if attending a long day care service
- attending an early childhood education program
- not enrolled or registered at a school.
- Services are required to pass on fee relief to families by lowering their daily fees. Check with your preschool provider regarding their fees as each preschool sets its own fee levels.
- Ask your service for a declaration and consent form to receive fee relief.
- Preschools aren't required to reduce fees if they don't receive funding under Start Strong.
- Preschool services should refer to the Start Strong guidelines for more information.
Last updated: 17 April 2023