COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you want to work out the tax you need to withhold from payments you make to employees or other workers, you can use the tax withheld calculator.

The calculator takes into account income tax rates, Medicare levy, Temporary Budget Repair Levy, Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) contributions, Trade Support Loan (TSL) contributions, Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) contributions, workers residency status, tax-free threshold, and tax offset entitlements.

To use the tax withheld calculator, you'll need your employee's or other worker's tax file number declaration, withholding declaration and Medicare levy variation declaration.

The calculator applies to payments made in the current tax year.

You'll be taken to another website.