Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline
The NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and Local Land Services (LLS) are providing assistance to landholders and communities with animal welfare-related issues.
Contact the Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647 for:
- emergency fodder (up to 3 days supply)
- stock water
- stock assessment
- stock euthanasia and burial
- livestock feeding and management advice
- care of animals in evacuation centres.
Charles Sturt University
For assistance with pets, livestock (including horses), and wildlife:
University of Sydney
- The Avian Reptile and Exotic Pet Hospital has opened a 24/7 bushfire wildlife emergency advice hotline for veterinarians and wildlife carers who need immediate advice. Call 0408 937 047.
- The Koala Health Club is providing veterinarians and other wildlife agencies free chlamydia testing kits for koalas, to minimise the spread of the disease.