Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses

A single border region has been reinstated that extends to around 50 km on either side of the border. The new border region and ‘border region resident’ permit came into effect at 12:01am on Friday, 4 September 2020.

If you live in the border region or travel to the Victorian side of the border, you may be eligible for a border entry permit to enter NSW. 

If your address is in a non-border region and you perform agriculture industry activities, your organisation may be eligible to apply for an agriculture border entry permit.

Border region map

The following areas have been added to the border region:

  • Bogong
  • Buffalo River
  • Eurobin
  • Falls Creek
  • Greta
  • Havilah
  • Merriang
  • Merriang South
  • Ovens
  • Porepunkah
  • Rosewhite
  • Tawonga South

Border region map PDF