Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline
The NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and Local Land Services (LLS) are providing assistance to landholders and communities with animal welfare-related issues.
Contact the Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647 for:
- emergency fodder (up to 3 days supply)
- stock water
- stock assessment
- stock euthanasia and burial
- livestock feeding and management advice
- care of animals in evacuation centres.
Charles Sturt University
For assistance with pets, livestock (including horses), and wildlife:
University of Sydney
- The Avian Reptile and Exotic Pet Hospital has opened a 24/7 bushfire wildlife emergency advice hotline for veterinarians and wildlife carers who need immediate advice. Call 0408 937 047.
- The Koala Health Club is providing veterinarians and other wildlife agencies free chlamydia testing kits for koalas, to minimise the spread of the disease.
WIRES Landcare Wildlife Relief and Recovery grant
Landcare Australia and WIRES have partnered to provide grants of up to $20,000 for groups running wildlife relief and recovery projects in areas affected by the 2019/20 NSW bushfires. Applications close on Thursday 30 April 2020 at 3pm.
For more information, visit WIRES Landcare Wildlife Relief and Recovery Grants.