Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA)
AGL is providing extended payment terms to people under financial stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and all disconnections have been suspended until 31 July 2020.
Customers can choose to:
- defer making any payments until 31 July, or
- defer payments until 31 July and make voluntary contributions.
This is in addition to the financial support and assistance provided by AGL's Staying Connected program.
Visit AGL's COVID-19 Customer Support Program for more information.
If you're financially impacted by COVID-19, you can make a payment extension request online. The payment extension relates to your current bill.
There will be no disconnections for affected customers receiving hardship assistance until 31 July 2020.
Energy Australia does not disconnect residential customers in financial stress who ask for help. Visit their EnergyAssist hardship program to learn about the various options available for customers struggling to pay their energy bill.
Origin has put protections in place for customers impacted by COVID-19. They include:
- no disconnections for any residential customers in financial stress until at least 31 July 2020
- no default listing for any customer who is having trouble paying
- a pause to all late payment fees effective immediately.
Visit Origin's COVID-19 page for more information.