The NSW Gas Rebate helps eligible concession cardholders pay their natural gas or bottled Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) bills.
The NSW Gas Rebate is $121 per embedded network (on-supply) or bottled LPG household, per financial year.
If you live in an embedded network (on-supply) or if you buy or refill bottled LPG, you can apply for the rebate.
If you are a retail (on-market) customer, you can apply for the NSW Gas Rebate (retail customers).
Note: Embedded network ('on-supply') means your natural gas is supplied by an embedded network – such as in a residential community, retirement village or strata scheme – and you receive your gas bill or invoice from the strata manager or community/village operator. If you’re not sure whether you're an on-supply customer, contact the gas provider named on your gas bill.
You may be eligible if you live in NSW and all of the following apply:
- you have a natural gas account for your home in NSW or use more than 45 kg/88 L bottled LPG for basic household needs
- you're the account holder (the account and bill must be in your name)
- you hold one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Services Australia or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
- Health Care Card issued by Services Australia, or
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card marked with either 'War Widow', 'War Widower Pension', 'Totally and Permanently Incapacitated' (TPI) or 'Disability Pension' (EDA).
You're not eligible for this rebate if you're:
- a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder
- an LPG customer who uses “SWAP&GO” BBQ bottles, or bottled gas less than 45 kg/88 L in mass.
- a gas hot water customer with usage measured in litres (L)
- billed for an unmetered gas service.
What you need
- your concession card details
- your bank account details (to receive your rebate)
- a printed (not hand-written) copy of your latest gas bill (JPG or PDF file) which must have:
- your name and address printed on it
- the most recent meter reading dates for your household (taken after 1 July in the current financial year and less than 3 months old)
- for bottled LPG customers, the bill must have been issued in the current financial year.
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Follow the steps to apply for the rebate.
You'll receive a confirmation number and an email with details on what happens next.
If you're not able to apply online:
- Download and complete the NSW Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household – PDF.
- Attach a copy of your most recent gas bill/invoice.
- Post your application to NSW Energy Rebates, PO Box 435, Parramatta NSW 2124.
- Embedded network (on supply) customers receive the rebate as a lump sum payment of $121 deposited into your bank account.
- Invoices must be printed, unless:
- they have been prepared from a branded invoice book
- the supplier does not have the capacity to provide printed invoices.
- A household can only receive one NSW Gas Rebate each financial year.
- You can only receive the rebate for your principal place of residence.
- If you receive the NSW Gas Rebate, you may be eligible for the NSW Low Income Household Rebate for your electricity account.