The Service NSW app is the official, free, NSW Government app helping you securely view and manage your licence and vehicle registrations by iPhone or Android.
To download the Service NSW iPhone app, please visit the iTunes Store.
To download the Service NSW Android app, please visit Google Play.
- Digital licences - view, show, update and renew NSW government licences, permits and registrations.
- Driver licence details – view the details of your NSW Driver Licence.
- Registration details – view the registration details of your vessels and vehicles (up to a maximum of 10 vehicles).
- Vehicle registration renewal – enter the billing number on your NSW Certificate of Registration to securely renew your vehicle’s registration.
- Notice of disposal - enter the registration details of your vehicle to notify Roads and Maritime Services of a sold or disposed of NSW registered vehicle or vessel.
- Demerit points – view your current demerit point balance.
- Check vehicle registration – enter the plate number of any NSW registered vehicle to view registration status.
- My Fines – view your vehicle-related penalty notices and fine details, including photos (if available).
- Pay any fine – enter the penalty number or scan the barcode on your penalty letter to pay a fine.
- Add reminders – set reminders for when your next licence or registration renewal, or fine payment is due.
- Locations – find your nearest Service Centre, Roads and Maritime Registry, and eSafety Check (vehicle safety inspection) locations.
You can access your NSW digital licences by selecting 'My Licences' or 'My Regos'. To get started you’ll need to have a MyServiceNSW Account and the latest version of the Service NSW app. Then you’ll need to add the licence to your account. To find out more about digital licences, see Get started with digital licences.
Once you've added a digital licence you can view, show, update and renew your licence or permit.
Please note: Digital NSW Driver Licences aren't available yet. You can view some of your licence details, but that information does not constitute a NSW Driver Licence. You must continue carrying your licence.
Driver licence, registration and demerit points information
For privacy reasons, you can only access these transactions by creating a MyServiceNSW Account and validating your identity with Roads and Maritime Services using the linking process.
Registration renewal reminders
Once you’ve successfully renewed your registration, you can create a reminder for the next renewal. You can also create a reminder as part of the Check Vehicle Rego option, by tapping the ‘Add Reminder’ button at the bottom of the screen.
Reminders are set 30 days before the registration expiry date. The reminder will be stored within the app, and also in the iCal app. You can edit your iCal entry at any time via the iCal app.
What information is provided by Check Vehicle Rego?
The free registration check provides basic registration and Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance information for vehicles registered in NSW (including vehicles with conditional registration).
Enter the NSW plate number to find out:
- if the registration is current, suspended or cancelled
- the registration expiry date
- any registration restrictions
- any registration concessions, and
- the CTP insurer and policy expiry date.
Please note: No personal information is provided through the free registration check.
How does the service centre locator work?
You can search for service centre locations by entering a service type and then a postcode or suburb. You can also use your current location.
Search results are displayed by native maps application. Select a location to see details, including a phone number. Tap the phone number to initiate a call.
Security of your personal information
The Service NSW app has been developed based on the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI/DSS). Service NSW is committed to providing a secure environment for customers to perform transactions.
No personal or credit card details will be stored within the app or on your device.
During payment verification, your credit card details are encrypted as per the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI/DSS).
Payment options available
You can pay for your registration renewal by credit card or BPAY.
Accepted credit cards:
- American Express
Please note: If you pay by BPAY, you’ll need to allow up to 3 days for processing your payment. For more information, visit BPAY to renew your rego.
To confirm your registration has been renewed, please use the Check Vehicle Rego function in the Service NSW app.