The Service NSW app is the official, free, NSW Government app helping you securely view and manage your licence and vehicle registrations by iPhone or Android.
To download the Service NSW iPhone app, please visit the iTunes Store.
To download the Service NSW Android app, please visit Google Play.
- Support for MyServiceNSW Account – log in with your MyServiceNSW Account details to access app transactions that require identity verification. Don't have an account yet? Register now.
- Personal identification number (PIN) protection – create a PIN for additional security.
- Licence details (while logged in only) – view the details of your NSW Driver Licence.
- Vehicle registration details (while logged in only) – view the registration details of your vehicles (up to a maximum of 10 vehicles).
- Vehicle registration renewal – enter the billing number on your NSW Certificate of Registration to securely renew your vehicle’s registration.
- Demerit points (while logged in only) – view your current demerit point balance.
- Free registration check – enter the plate number of any NSW registered vehicle to view registration status.
- My Fines – view your vehicle-related penalty notices and fine details, including photos (if available).
- Pay any fine – enter the penalty number or scan the barcode on your penalty letter to pay a fine.
- Add reminders – set reminders for when your next NSW vehicle registration renewal, NSW Driver Licence, or fine payment is due.
- Locations – find your nearest Service Centre, Roads and Maritime Registry, and eSafety Check (vehicle safety inspection) locations.
More features will be added in the future.
iPhone device requirements
The Service NSW app is available for download on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, and requires iOS 8.0 or later.
Android device requirements
The Service NSW app is available for download on Android and requires version 4.3 or later.
Licence, registration and demerit points information
For privacy reasons, you can only access these transactions by creating a MyServiceNSW Account and validating your identity with Roads and Maritime Services using the linking process.
Registration renewal reminders
Once you’ve successfully renewed your registration, you can create a reminder for the next renewal. You can also create a reminder as part of the Free Rego Check option, by tapping the ‘Remind me when my Rego is due’ button at the bottom of the screen.
Reminders are set 30 days before the registration expiry date. The reminder will be stored within the app, and also in the iCal app. You can edit your iCal entry at any time via the iCal app.
What information is provided by Free Rego Check?
The free registration check provides basic registration and Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance information for vehicles registered in NSW (including vehicles with conditional registration).
Enter the NSW plate number to find out:
- if the registration is current, suspended or cancelled
- the registration expiry date
- any registration restrictions
- any registration concessions, and
- the CTP insurer and policy expiry date.
Please note: No personal information is provided through the free registration check.
How does the service centre locator work?
You can search for service centre locations by entering a service type and then a postcode or suburb. You can also use your current location.
Search results are displayed by native maps application. Select a location to see details, including a phone number. Tap the phone number to initiate a call.
Security of your personal information
The Service NSW app has been developed based on the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI/DSS). Service NSW is committed to providing a secure environment for customers to perform transactions.
No personal or credit card details will be stored within the app or on your device.
During payment verification, your credit card details are encrypted as per the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI/DSS).
Payment options available
You can pay for your registration renewal by credit card or BPAY.
Accepted credit cards:
- American Express
- Diners Club
Please note: If you pay by BPAY, you’ll need to provide the BPAY biller code and reference number to your financial institution. Please allow up to 3 days for processing your payment.
To confirm your registration has been renewed, please use the Free Rego Check function in the Service NSW app, or check your registration using the Online Services website. Alternatively, you can also phone 13 22 13 to check your registration status.