NSW Treasury has designed the Toll Relief Rebate Scheme (the Scheme) to reduce the cost of living for frequent personal and sole trader toll users. The Scheme is administered by Service NSW to enable eligible customers to apply for the rebate based on their toll spend with their toll service provider.
Why are we collecting your personal information?
Service NSW is collecting personal information to establish and maintain toll expenditure as well as to process claims submitted under the Scheme.
What personal information will we collect?
Service NSW may collect the following personal information to support the Scheme:
- first and last name
- residential address
- mobile phone number
- toll account number
- licence plate listed on your toll account
- contact email address listed on your toll account
- bank account details
- proof of identity documents
- Australian Business Number (for sole traders only)
- most recent financial statement such as an Australian Income Tax Return, Business Activity Statement or Instalment Activity Statement (for sole traders only).
Service NSW may collect the following personal information from toll service providers in accordance with clause 78A of the Roads Regulation 2018:
- information evidencing toll payments during the 2022-2023 financial year or a subsequent financial year
- account numbers for tolling accounts
- other information associated with tolling accounts:
- electronic tag numbers
- vehicle number plates
- email addresses
- Australian Business Numbers and Australian Company Numbers
- participation in the M5 South-West Cashback Scheme
- information about the periods during which:
- toll payments were made, or
- tolling accounts were active, or
- electronic tags or vehicle number plates were associated with particular tolling accounts, or
- an individual was a registered participant of the M5 South-West Cashback Scheme.
How will we use and disclose your personal information?
Service NSW will use the personal information you provide for the primary purpose that it was collected for, or a directly related secondary purpose. This includes to:
- link your toll account with your MyServiceNSW Account or use existing links
- establish or maintain toll expenditure records in your MyServiceNSW Account
- process a payment to the nominated bank account
- communicate with you about your claim under the Scheme.
We maintain and use information collected about you for internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of our interactions with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as the Australian Department of Home Affairs to carry out the Document Verification Service (DVS), relevant banking institutions and the Australian Business Register (for sole traders only). This enables Service NSW to validate applications and to issue rebates.
Service NSW will not disclose your personal information to anyone else unless you provide your consent, or we are required or authorised to do so by law.
Are you required by law to provide us with this information?
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information we will not be able to process your claim application.
Service NSW is authorised under clause 78A of the Roads Regulation 2018 to collect certain information from toll service providers to determine entitlement to a toll relief rebate.
Please visit Service NSW Privacy for more information about how Service NSW handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored and how to contact us. Service NSW is located at 2-24 Rawson Place Sydney NSW 2000.