The Return to Work Program is for women who have been unemployed for one month or more and intend to return to work as an employee within 6 months.
As part of the program, one-off grants of up to $5,000 will be made available to eligible women to purchase approved goods and services such as:
- education and training
- support material for courses
- work necessities such as specialist clothing, equipment, IT
- transportation costs
Funding is limited and priority will be given to eligible:
- First Nations women
- women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- women living in regional, rural and remote areas (beyond Greater Sydney)
- women living with disability
- women who are refugees
- women over 50 years of age
- young women leaving out-of-home care
- women who are carers (provide care to another person who lives with a disability, medical condition, mental illness, or is frail and aged)
- women who are victim-survivors of domestic and family violence.
All successful applicants will be supported by their own Return to Work coordinator who will help them develop their Return to Work plan – Phase 3.
Each unique Return to Work plan will outline the agreed approach and resources needed to assist the woman in getting back to work.
Applications are now closed
For more detailed information on the program visit the Return to Work Phase 3: