You can request that Maritime update a customer's records to show that they are deceased by calling us on 13 77 88. Alternatively, you can visit a service centre or mail a request to the RMS Agency Business Centre.
What you need
- your own proof of identity
- one of the following pieces of documentation confirming the deceased's status:
- the Death Certificate (original or copy)
- a newspaper death notice
- a letter from a solicitor or the NSW Trustee and Guardian advising that the person is deceased
- a completed Advice of Death form accompanied by an RMS acceptable Proof of Identity (POI) document of the deceased
- in the case of a missing person presumed deceased, a Presumption of Death Order issued by the Supreme Court (original or copy).
How to change
- Make sure that you have your proof of identity, and one of the required documents, and then:
- visit a service centre and provide the information in person, or
- mail the documentation to RMS Agency Business Centre, PO Box 21, Parkes NSW 2870