By law, mines in NSW must use a registered mining surveyor to carry out surveys and prepare mine plans.
Check the Pathway to registration – mining surveyor page on the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information (BOSSI) website to learn more about registration.
Once registered, you'll need to renew your registration annually.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account (you can create one when you start your application) or your OneGov account
- proof of eligibility
- proof of identity
- a passport quality photo in JPG format
- a credit/debit card to pay the registration fee.
Note: Documents must be certified, in English and in PDF format.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Gather your supporting documents.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select 'Next' on the application screen.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or log in using your OneGov credentials.
- Follow the prompts to proceed to payment.
Contact BOSSI for all application enquiries.