The Maritime Dealer Vessel Registration Scheme (MDVRS) enables authorised maritime dealers to register newly manufactured vessels through an online maritime dealer portal. The MDVRS replaces the old Accredited Marine Dealer scheme.
If you're a maritime dealer on the old scheme you need to register with the MDVRS by 31 July 2019. If you don't register by the due date, your licence will no longer be active.
For more information on the MDVRS, visit Roads and Maritime Services.
What you'll need
- the PDF forms:
- Application to become an authorised dealer (MDVRS)
- MDVRS Agreement.
- copy of your ABN, ACN or ARBN certificate
- certified copy of your National Police Check Certificate completed within the last 12 months
- certified copies of your proof of identity documents
- copies of certificates of currency for the required insurance.
How to apply
- Download and complete:
- Email your signed MDVRS agreement, completed application form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- be a maritime dealer engaged in the sale of new vessels
- have your marine dealer business located within Australia
- hold current insurance policies for the following:
- public and products liability or broadform liability
- workers compensation (unless exempt).
Things to keep in mind...
- The MDVRS allows interim registration for newly manufactured vessels only. Dealers are not able to obtain interim registrations for used second-hand vessels whether registered or not.