You can check a vessel’s registration details online. The free check includes:
- the registration expiry date
- whether the registration is current, expired or cancelled
- if a vessel registration number is reserved.
What you'll need
- the vessel’s NSW registration number.
How to check
- Select the ‘Check online’ button.
- Read the disclaimer information.
- Enter the vessel’s NSW registration number, without any spaces or dots.
- Select the ‘search’ icon.
- Review the registration details.
- The free vessel registration check can only be run on vessels previously or currently registered in NSW.
Things to keep in mind...
- If you intend buying a vessel from a private seller, you should visit the Personal Property Securities Register website to find out if there is any finance owing.