Text size


If you want to change the vessel that's on your private mooring licence, you'll need to apply to Transport for NSW so the proposed vessel can be assessed, based on space requirements.

You can lodge your application by mail, or in person at a service centre.

What you need

  • the PDF form – 'Application to Change Vessel on Mooring'
  • the mooring site number
  • your personal and contact details
  • your concession details (if applicable)
  • your vessel's details
  • a recent photo of the vessel
  • your full proof of identity documents, if mailing your application
  • your representative's details and proof of identity (if applicable)
  • an authorised signatory as specified on the form (if applicable)
  • your payment.

How to apply

  1. Download, complete, print and sign the Application to Change Vessel on Mooring – PDF.
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre to lodge your application in person, or post it to:

    Maritime Product Services
    Locked Bag 5100
    Camperdown NSW 1450

More information

  • the vessel must be at least 5.2 metres in length, unless otherwise approved by Transport for NSW
  • concessions (if applicable) are only available for vessels used solely for recreational purposes
  • the photo of the vessel will be attached to the mooring.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 4 November 2020