A commercial mooring licence is an annual licence that allows you to occupy navigable waters with a registered vessel. There are 2 types of licences:
- commercial (available to legitimate marine type businesses)
- club (available to registered clubs or associations).
Depending on availability, your request may be put on a priority waiting list.
Businesses are eligible if they:
- are providing approved marine type services to the boating public, or
- can only be accessed by water.
What you need
- the mooring location required
- the organisation's details including contact numbers and business address (PO box is not acceptable)
- written authorisation of the nominated representative on business letterhead
- the nominated representative's personal and contact details including residential address (PO box is not acceptable)
- proof of identity
- a detailed description of the proposed usage of the mooring site and the associated shore based facilities, on business letterhead, together with any supporting documentation
- an authorised signatory as specified on the form (if applicable)
- PDF form – 'Application for Initial or Transfer of a Commercial Mooring Licence', or
- PDF form – 'Application for Club Mooring Licence'.
How to apply
- Download and complete either:
- Make sure that you have all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and lodge your application in person, or post it to:
Maritime Product Services
Locked Bag 5100
Camperdown NSW 1450
- Commercial mooring licence applications are subject to approval by Transport for NSW. Once your application has been assessed, they'll let you know the outcome.
- Licence fees are payable when the licence is issued.
- You can apply for one mooring site per area. Once the licence has been issued you can make a subsequent application.
- Any costs associated with the purchase, installation and servicing of mooring apparatus are your responsibility.