With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size


Concessions are available to eligible pensioners on their council rates, including:

  • $250 on ordinary council rates and charges for domestic waste management services
  • $87.50 on annual water rates and charges (where the service is provided by council)
  • $87.50 on annual sewerage rates and charges (where the service is provided by council).

To be eligible, you need to be:

  • the holder of one of the following:
    • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
    • DVA Gold card embossed with ‘TPI’ (Totally Permanently Incapacitated)
    • DVA Gold card embossed with ‘EDA’ (Extreme Disablement Adjustment), or
  • a war widow/er or wholly dependent partner entitled to the DVA income support supplement. If you do not have a Pensioner Concession Card, contact the DVA. They'll determine your eligibility by an income and assets test.

Note: In certain circumstances, rebates may be granted to people suffering financial hardship.

You can apply for a rates rebate at your local council office.

You'll be taken to another website.