Concessions are available to eligible pensioners on their council rates, including:
- $250 on ordinary council rates and charges for domestic waste management services
- $87.50 on annual water rates and charges (where the service is provided by council)
- $87.50 on annual sewerage rates and charges (where the service is provided by council).
To be eligible, you need to be:
- the holder of one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
- DVA Gold card embossed with ‘TPI’ (Totally Permanently Incapacitated)
- DVA Gold card embossed with ‘EDA’ (Extreme Disablement Adjustment), or
- a war widow/er or wholly dependent partner entitled to the DVA income support supplement. If you do not have a Pensioner Concession Card, contact the DVA. They'll determine your eligibility by an income and assets test.
Note: In certain circumstances, rebates may be granted to people suffering financial hardship.
You can apply for a rates rebate at your local council office.