Text size

If you receive a pension, you may qualify for a rebate on your water bill. 

Rebates are applied to each bill. 


To be eligible for a rebate, you’ll need to:

  • be the owner and occupier of a property, and
  • have one of the following:
    • Pensioner Concession Card from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
    • DVA Intermediate Rate pension
    • DVA Gold Card (also known as a Veteran Gold Card) that shows:
      • war widow
      • war widower
      • extreme disablement adjustment (EDA)
      • totally and temporarily incapacitated (TTI)
      • totally and permanently incapacitated (TPI).

If you own the property with someone who isn’t a pensioner, you may still get a rebate. Check your water supplier's eligibility criteria.

How to claim

  1. Select your water supplier from the following list, based on your residential address:
    1. Sydney Water – Claim your pensioner rebate
    2. Hunter Water – Claim your pension rebate
    3. Shoalhaven Water – Pensioner concessions
    4. NSW Private Water Scheme Pensioner Rebates
  2. Check that you meet the eligibility criteria.
  3. Fill in and submit the form.

Note: If more than one pensioner owns and lives at the property, they need to complete a separate application form.  

Last updated: 15 June 2022