If you have bought a new battery electric vehicle (BEV) or hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) for personal use in NSW, you may be eligible for a $3,000 cash rebate.
The rebate is available to the first 25,000 eligible applicants.
The NSW Government publishes a quarterly dashboard showing the number of rebates claimed.
One rebate will be available per applicant.
To be eligible, you must have:
- bought a new BEV or FCEV in one of the following categories:
- passenger vehicles
- sports utility vehicles
- light trucks/light commercial vehicles.
- registered the vehicle for personal use in NSW
- paid less than $68,750 (including delivery costs, dealer fees, and accessories such as tow bar, special wheels, paint protection)
- registered the vehicle on or after 1 September 2021
- not claimed a rebate for the vehicle in another state or territory.
You cannot claim for:
- vehicles registered before 1 September 2021
- vehicles being leased
- second-hand BEVs or FCEVs
- hybrid electric vehicles and plug in hybrid electric vehicles
- heavy trucks/heavy vehicles
- motorcycles (off road, road, scooters, mopeds, e-bikes, ATV/SSV – side by side vehicle)
- trailers and caravans
- any other vehicle not included in the list of eligible categories.
What you need
- your Transport for NSW customer number
- a Revenue NSW electric vehicle portal account - you can sign up when you start your application
- a copy of a current and valid NSW Driver Licence
- name and address
- date of birth
- email and phone number
- bank account details for payment
- vehicle details, including:
- vehicle make
- vehicle model
- sale price and market value
- Certificate of Registration that shows:
- a registration number
- registration history
- registered owner
- vehicle use
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- duty paid amount
- Proof of Registration Entitlement that includes:
- a sales contract with the sales price and date of purchase
- the tax invoice (if you bought the vehicle in another state or territory).
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Gather your supporting documents.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or sign up to the Revenue NSW electric vehicle portal account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the form.
Revenue NSW will review your application and let you know if you're eligible.
Successful applicants will receive the rebate within 5 business days of being notified.
Vehicles eligible for a rebate are also eligible for a stamp duty exemption.